Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcoming the Year of the Golden pig in Melbourne

This year CNY was very different for me, There was no open house visitation and no ang pow the most important thing about CNY. There was no friends to hang around with and miss going to villie's house for tea and aunty Hannah pulling me behind th church either before or after service to give me an Ang Pow.

The was no Ee sand tossing (Hopefully i will remain my long life). I know God will still sustain me. Miss last years celebration where I went to Kim Moi's House, Pas Seok's House also Raymond's House and all the other people I visited last year.

This year there was not really an opportunity to wish anyone Sin Yen Kwai Le(I think that's how it is pronounced). but 1 of my church mate made pineapple tarts and penut butter cookies it was awesome.

On the eve of CNY I was in my Aunt's place where we had beacon and eggs for breakfast and for lunch we had some food like those we will have back home at Thurkah's.

In the evening me and my sis was headed towards town, and decided we will stop by Bourke street where china town was. The place was jam packed and the sound of the fire works was enough to make u deaf and then we say a herd of people following the Lion. haha it was cool.

Same like back in Malaysia, it was extremely hot here where the peak was 38 degrees.

These are some pictures taken from China Town

No comments: