Thursday, February 1, 2007

My Melbourne Journey

My journey was a long and tiring one, It started in Malaysia when i was at KLIA 1st of all my luggage was overweight and the check in counter did not want to let me go through, so with the help of Samuel and Vincent I had to repack my luggage at the airport. (I forgot to put in my sport shoes) after that we went to McD's to grab a bite as I had not had lunch. Going down the escalator I turned around to say good bye to Samuel Chin, Jireh Ho, Sirn Loong, Vincent and Kevin.

After passing the Malaysia customs I headed to the Train to board my Plane......
The ride to Singapore where I was to take a transit plain lasted for 45 minutes.

Although I have gone to Singapore several times, This was my first time entering the Airport. And to my surprise I had a 20 min walk + Train ride to reach my check in counter at Terminal 1. As I was checking in the Singaporean custom could not accept my VISA as it was their first time checking in with an E-VISA. After several phone calls my access was granted.

The guy checking my passport looked at me several times then said "Remove your glasses please" then looked at me several times again, before handing me the passport he look at me again as though I did no own the passport.

Then I boarded my plane which will send me to Perth where I will transfer to a plane to Melbourne. The journey took 6 hours and who said Quantas had larger seats? It is just like Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airlines, But I must admit that the movies are clearer on Quantas.

After a long and tiring journey I arrived at the Perth International Airport at 2.10am local time. And Lo and Behold i had to take a 20 min Cab ride to the Domestic airport to transit to Melbourne, The cab cost me A$ 20 (MYR60) what the crap.

Then I boarded my plane at 6.10 local time to head to Melbourne and it was a small 737 where I had to sit next to a huge guy and that was he most uncomfortable 5 hours flight I ever had.

Then I arrived at Melbourne and headed straight to my sister's house where i slept until my sister come which was 6pm local time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a bloody expensive cab ride isn't it??