Monday, June 18, 2007

Funeral

The recent saturday I had to attend my first funeral. My aunty's best friend's mother passed away so me and my sister followed my aunty for the funeral.

Funerals here is so different, Back home the body will be brought home and everyone will come over to meet the family. Here the body will be sent to the funeral parlor and the wake will be done at the parlor.

This is my aunty and sister just at the start of the service.
This is the church front. Then they will allow everyone to pay their last respects and then close the coffin before the service commence.

After the service a light lunch is held in the hall so that everyone can mingle and meet the family.

This is like the first time for me seeing so many sri lanken's in 1 room which are not related to me.

No comments: